Jesuit College of Spirituality is located in Parkville, Victoria.
Jesuit College of Spirituality (JCS) is a work of the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus and one of eleven colleges of the University of Divinity. Jesuit College of Spirituality’s units are run primarily in Parkville, Victoria.
JCS specialises in the study of Christian spirituality, leadership and pastoral formation for ministry in the Ignatian tradition. As a post-graduate college, JCS also provides opportunities for research projects to the level of PhD.
Jesuit College of Spirituality offers units of study in the following awards:
- Graduate Certificate in Ignatian Spirituality
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Spirituality
- Graduate Certificate in Supervision
- Graduate Diploma in Spiritual Direction
- Graduate Diploma in Spirituality
- Graduate Diploma in Supervision
- Graduate Diploma in Theology
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Spiritual Direction
- Master of Spirituality
- Doctor of Philosophy
The Arrupe® Program is the Australian Jesuit Province’s national program for the formation of Givers of the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises and spiritual directors in the Ignatian tradition. Jesuit College of Spirituality specialises in:
- Personal spiritual formation in a supportive faith-learning community.
- Supervised practice of abilities, skills and capabilities as a Giver of the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ignatian spirituality. The spiritual director in the Ignatian tradition must know the language and the schemas of the Spiritual Exercises and have read about, appropriated and written on their structure and process.
Completion of the Full Spiritual Exercises is a pre-requisite for entry into the program. The Arrupe® Program is conducted within the framework of the Master of Spiritual Direction, a recognised award of the University of Divinity.
Deborah Kent (CEO & Principal)
Michael Loughnane (Academic Dean & Research Coordinator)
Katica Buccheri (Registrar)
Sarah Cook (Student Engagement Officer)
Melanie Raimundo (Arrupe® Administrator)